After doing Fridge Inspection, I found that I still have a pack of cassava grated and +/- 100gr frozen durian. Ahaa…suddenly I remembered that a friend of mine in Multiply (http://sriyulis.multiply.com ) had posted about Kue talam singkong recipe. And I got and idea to try again her recipe ( this is my second time making kue talam) but this time I modified the recipe a lil bit..and the result: It tastes heavenly..:p
Here the recipe (modified recipe )
475 gr Frozen cassava grated
125gr brown sugar/palm sugar
50 gr granulated white sugar
400 ml coconut milk
5 tbsp rice flour
a pinch of salt
You will also need a Pyrex glass cookware, lightly greased with butter/margarine
- Defrost the cassava and durian. Mix them in a bowl.
- Pour in 200ml coconut milk and stir well to combine.
- Transfer into Pyrex and cover with cling film, and steam/put it in microwave for 7mins.
- While the cassava is steaming, place rice flour, white sugar and add the remaining coconut milk and salt in a small non-stick pan and bring to a gentle boil. Keep stirring until the dough become thick.
- Place the dough at the top layer of cassava, cover with cling film then steam/ put in microwave for another 7mins.
- Take the cover off and let it cool before serve.