First of all, I would like to say Happy New Year my friends ! Wish you all the best in 2009. I know it is a bit late to say it, but better late than never isn’t it ?^_^ Where have I been lately ? Poor my ‘kitchen’, it has been neglected for a while. I went for a winter holiday in the first week of January, then came back and caught a terrible cold. The weather was so nasty to me. Shrinking to my bed, can not do anything. Think, it is the worst that I ever had.
The good thing is, my husband has finished his study, so we are now busy packing to go back home for good at the end of this month. We are looking forward to go, but a bit sad really leaving this town. Lancaster has been our second home. I will miss Lancaster for sure. By the way, I try to keep my kitchen updated in the middle of my packing 🙂
Now, I am back with full of energy and passion in the beginning of the year that full of hope. Here it is, the first post in new year 2009 : Banana Berries Muffin. This is not good looking muffin, but taste nice. Uhmm…I don’t know really what it went wrong , the picture’s quality is not really good 😦 I am sorry..
250 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 ripe bananas, mashed
150 g fresh/frozen blueberries
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large egg
185 ml milk
pinch of salt
cinnamon sugar and strawberries.
1. Preaheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon ground, and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
3. Add the banana and blueberries and using fork lightly toss the fruit trough the flour.
4. In separate bowl, whisk together the honey, vegetable oil, egg and milk.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and lightly combine.
6. Spoon the batter into greased hole muffin mould/patty case. Top with a sprinkle cinnamon sugar and strawberries.
7. Bake until golden brown. Serve immediately.